Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Paper Folds to Jewelry



Here are my designs 3d printed in stainless steel.  These aren't the final product pics, but you'll get an idea how I went from the folded paper design (original set of rough drafts) to the final result.  These will all be pendants and I goofed on setting the ring in the proper orientation.  I've ordered brass split rings to deal with this since the stainless steal finish is slightly brassy.

The boxes have arrived, and I'm just waiting for the chains, and clasps before I post the final result on rubenalexander.etsy.com.  The entire process felt very good.  I enjoyed folding paper for a few months to figure out what designs worked.  I also enjoy setting everything up so a future customer can open the box,wear it, and continue saving the world.

The 3d printers used for these pieces are from i.materialise in Belgium and it took around 3 weeks to go from design to doorstep.  I hope to shorten this time by either making these by hand or ordering via 3d print months in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment