Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting

I was this close to voting for Rosanne Barr. After all, she did show me the proper way to raise a family with attitide. I thought about voting for Dr. Jill Stein, because I have a secret crush on her. Don't worry, I already told my wife and she knew I would like her hoary hair. I knew who I would vote for before any debates or ads, because I checked ontheissues.org. This morning I woke to see facebook telling me several of my friends had birthday's on this election day. My wife told me to get out and vote while she got the kids ready for daycare. I would pick them up tonight so she could vote. Our polls are set in the middle of a cozy senior center facility where several of the seniors I've seen here and there man the sign ups, check-outs and process the ballots. I walked in saw the candidates and almost checked the first candidate on the list! Silly me! I scanned all candidate names for all offices before placing my vote. Funny to see that legalizing marijuana has returned in Massachusetts. It's probably been returning for every year I have voted. I slipped my completed ballot into the machine that seemed rather effective and archaic and the lady spun a handle allowing the machine to digested my votes. I don't know what will come of this election, but I do enjoy having an easy way to vote in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment